the net of people deeply affected by political violence
Introduction to Reflect project
Wednesday 23 July 2008
This project was started in January, 1st and since been going forward. At first step, we conducted a survey of the area and recruited staff for implementation of the project. Next we provided training materials to trainers. Here it is worth mentioning that these trainers visited AWN Kabul Office for 11 days and received necessary training at AWN Office, Kabul through Action Aid. After completion of this training they were given certificates of completion of training and were allowed to conduct further trainings at Ghazni. After going back to Ghazni, these trainers started conducting training and initially conducted a 10 days training (9:00 am to 03:00 pm daily) for 15 community facilitators at regional office of AWSE, Ghazni.
A total of 13 days training was conducted at Ghazni, after which they had learned the training methodology and lessons through AWSE. A total of 315 poor and deserving women were attracted by 15 community facilitators where each individual community facilitator was involved with 20 women in a committee for providing literacy training and to solve economic problems. AWSE has been regularly paying the staff for this. According to plan AWSE will also provide training material and deliver to them.
This workshop has been conducted using more practical approach and is progressing fast as more students are getting involved in more activities. The community facilitators are encouraging them to participate with more enthusiasm and increasing number of participants. The lessons taught are both practical and theoretical. All opinions and feedback collected from these trainings will be respected and used in future programs.
Also a meeting will be conducted for evaluation of the development of project and to have discussion about important issues.
During the year 2007, trainers of Reflect Project always visited 15 circles with directors and other participants. Definitely the Ghazni project is different for others because this project reflects and focuses women of the area, where women can now participate in any meeting with permission of her husband and can lead a happy life without any conflict or violence against her. There is a peaceful atmosphere for these women where they women visited many other villages for raising awareness of women rights and conducted trainings.
The master trainer has met with PRT of Ghazni province to reflect women’s weak economic situation and other domestic problems of women of the area. Many of the participants brought their handicrafts that they are making at their homes. They are given cloths for embroidery and stitching. After the workshop the trainers of this reflect project spent ten days the Kabul Office covering eight days for the reflect and two days for women’s rights. The topics which were covered in the reflect was empowerment or bringing variation in community life, Diversity, Disapprobation at least standard of living, power of energy, communication, transfer of danger from one person to another, Capacity has right to invent take part and get his/her own Right , inform the people about the community Concept and analyze the community situation ,Resources maps , the map of PRI, weak and strong PRI, Community maps, to analyze the village situation, inspiration map, Importance of Transpiration ways and Season Calendar.
1) The women are able how to solve the community problem.
2) The villager women can transfer the problem of community to their parents and families and guide them to send complaint to respective organization, such as Sajeda from Kheshek villager — one of the Reflect participant in Ghazni Province — is young and energetic woman said, she was sick and went to hospital but in hospital every one looked busy and I couldn’t even read the board at the gate, she was embarrassed to ask from any another persons about ENT OPD suddenly she entered the operation theater, the nurse asked her where did she go? Then the nurse guided her to ENT OPD, but now she is able to read the sign boards and other banners.
Fatema from Hyderabad Circle one of the Reflect participant in Ghazni Province said that their men are very busy and women have problem of clean drinking water. None of the villager appeal for digging a well, then Fatema talked with women who had same problem of clean drinking water and wrote an application to one of the international organization. the survey team of that organization surveyed the location and order to dig a well and installed a hand pump there. Thus the reflect participants are able to solve community problems now.
3) The people of some village were faced with a lot of problem due to storage of garbage around their houses and streets, the women asked their husbands to discuses the issue in the local SHORA to find the ways to solve this problem in the local SHORA the villager decided to take out the garbage from the streets and around the houses by hand cart to a place for away from the village.
4) The participant women are able to think about the community problem such as lack of hospital, school and clean drinking water etc.
5) In last three decade the women couldn’t go to schools to learn some thing therefore they remained illiterate. At the begining of this reflect program the community those women who didn’t even know what is a community problem are now able to write and read and guide other people to solve the community problem.
6) The community facilitators discuss their problem with master trainer once a week to find better ways for successful implementing of the project.